Which one is for you?
Never run before or just getting back into running?
Looking to complete your first 5k or 10k?
Want to run faster? Stronger? Longer?
Looking to learn to run continuously?
Want to be able to incorporate a run walk program?
Still not sure, come and try one out and decide if it is the right fit for you.
All Strides clinics:
- Are Individualized/ personalized (Not a cookie-cutter approach to fitness)
- Based on best evidence - All coaches are experienced runners themselves
- Tried and tested
- Include monthly training programs
- Guest speakers selected based on group or individual requests
- Store discounts for participants
Spring Learn to Run Clinic Clinic (Coached by Lauren Milburn and Wendi Moore, meeting at Fish Creek)
- Starts Tuesday May 3rd at Strides FIsh Creek
- Group workouts will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30pm
- $100 for 10 weeks
- A safe, fun environment to encourage participation and improvement
- A progressive program designed to allow you to develop at your own pace
- An introduction to a variety of running topics including: pacing, running form, goal setting, cross training, injury prevention, equipment selection and nutrition
- Clinic goal: Stampede Road Race 5k (July 10th)
- Learn more about Coach Lauren HERE and Coach Wendi HERE
Spring Personal Best Clinics
(Coached by Jeremy Deere at Marda Loop, and Don Bambury and Dawn Ladds-Bond at Fish Creek)
- Starts Tuesday April 5th, 2016 offered at both locations
- Group workouts will be held Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm and optional Saturday mornings at 9:00am
- 14 weeks for $150
- For runners looking to improve their performance or have reached a plateau in their training.
- This clinic will center around higher intensity training (hill repeats, track/interval workouts) rather than mileage.
- A focus on proper biomechanics, strength/speed development and program design
- Clinic Goal: Stampede Road Race 10k or Half Marathon. (July 10th)
- Learn more about Coach Jeremy HERE and Coach Dawn HERE
Spring Marathon Clinic (Coached by Alan Cooper, meeting at both Marda Loop & Fish Creek)
- Starts Wednesday January 27th, 2016 at Strides Marda Loop
- Group workouts will be held Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 8:00am
- Wednesday workouts will be held at either Strides Marda Loop or Strides Fish Creek
- Saturday workouts will be held at various locations
- All meeting points and times will be included with your schedule
- Designed for the first time marathoner as well as those looking for an edge in their training.
- Progressive program designed to allow participants to maximize their enjoyment and potential.
- Topics covered include pacing, goal setting, race strategy, injury prevention, equipment selection and nutrition.
- Participants should be able to comfortably run 15 – 20km prior to starting the program.
- Clinic goal: Vancouver, Red Deer, Ottawa, Calgary among others.
- Those running early May marathons should contact Alan at Marda Loop (403-240-4656) as your program may start earlier. If so you will be provided with a program to follow prior to the January 27th start.
- Learn more about Coach Alan HERE.
Spring 1/2 Marathon Clinic (Coached Juliana Harris, meeting at Marda Loop)
- Starts Wednesday April 6th at Strides Marda Loop
- Group workouts will be held Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 9:00am
- $150 for 14 weeks
- Includes a 14 week build up program for optimal preparation.
- Progressive program designed to allow participant to maximize enjoyment and potential.
- Introduction to a variety of running topics including: pacing, running form, goal setting, cross training, injury prevention, equipment selection and nutrition.
- Designed for runners with some experience in long distance running.
- Clinic Goal: Stampede Road Race 1/2 Marathon (July 10th).
- All clinic members are encouraged to volunteer at a race this year.
- Learn more about Coach Juliana HERE.
Spring 10k Clinic (Coached Lauren Milburn, meeting at Fish Creek)
- Starts Tuesday March 22nd at Strides FIsh Creek
- Group workouts will be held Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 9:00am
- $100 for 10 weeks
- It is recommended that participants be able to run at least 20 minutes at clinic start.
- While not a true 'Learn to Run', this clinic is geared towards finishing a 10K race at the end of May.
- Clinic goal: RMS Women's Run or Jugo Juice 10K (May 28/29th)
- Learn more about Coach Lauren HERE
Free Group Runs
Not able to commit to a clinic, but still want to run with a group? Strides offers FREE drop-in group hill/interval workouts from both locations:
Marda Loop - Wednesday evenings starting at 6:00pm
Fish Creek - Wednesday evenings starting at 6:30pm
Both locations also offer Saturday morning group runs starting at 9:00am. For more info, please call one of our stores.