Which one is for you?
Never run before or just getting back into running?
Looking to complete your first 5k or 10k?
Want to run faster? Stronger? Longer?
Looking to learn to run continuously?
Want to be able to incorporate a run walk program?
Still not sure, come and try one out and decide if it is the right fit for you.
All Strides clinics:
- Are Individualized/ personalized (Not a cookie-cutter approach to fitness)
- Based on best evidence - All coaches are experienced runners themselves
- Tried and tested
- Include monthly training programs
- Guest speakers selected based on group or individual requests
- Store discounts for participants
Spring Marathon Clinic (Coached by Alan Cooper, meeting at both Marda Loop & Fish Creek)
- Starts Wednesday January 27th, 2016 at Strides Marda Loop
- Group workouts will be held Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 8:00am
- Wednesday workouts will be held at either Strides Marda Loop or Strides Fish Creek
- Saturday workouts will be held at various locations
- All meeting points and times will be included with your schedule
- Designed for the first time marathoner as well as those looking for an edge in their training.
- Progressive program designed to allow participants to maximize their enjoyment and potential.
- Topics covered include pacing, goal setting, race strategy, injury prevention, equipment selection and nutrition.
- Participants should be able to comfortably run 15 – 20km prior to starting the program.
- Clinic goal: Vancouver, Red Deer, Ottawa, Calgary among others.
- Those running early May marathons should contact Alan at Marda Loop (403-240-4656) as your program may start earlier. If so you will be provided with a program to follow prior to the January 27th start.
Winter 10k Clinic (Coached Juliana Harris, meeting at Marda Loop)
- Starts Wednesday January 6th at Strides Marda Loop
- Group workouts will be held Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 9:00am
- $100 for 10 weeks
- Designed for runners looking to improve their 10K time and possibly wanting to run a faster spring 10K or Half Marathon
- Clinic goal: St. Patrick’s Day 10K (March 13th) and/or Run for L’Arche 5 mile (March 19th)
Early Spring Marathon Clinic (Coached by Heather Wiebe)
Have you been thinking about your 2016 running goals? Boston is just around the corner....! Are you ready to get back into a solid running routine that includes at least one key workout a week! Are you tire of running the same paces on each run or tired of using old programs? Are you yearning for a group to run with that matches your abilities and mindset? Need some support and accountability? Have you set your goals already and want help achieving them? Or perhaps you want to get back into running 3-4 days a week so you are confident to set some goal running goals for 2016? If you are ready to run then I may have just want you are looking for!
I have come up with 2 options and entry points for you to get your running back on track. All running is Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings this session.
12 weeks Jan.12-Mar 31. Tuesday evenings
Jan. 12th – Mar. 10 will run out of the OVAL 7:15-9:00 pm. (7.00 weekly entrance fee required)
Mar. 17-Mar. 31 will run outdoors most likely near Edworthy along the river path at 6:30 pm
This option is for those who simply want one weekly key workout that is out of your comfort zone of your daily run pace. This runner is not yet looking for a weekly schedule but would like to start to integrate an elevated pace workout once a week. This option will include and build on many of the following aspects to improve your running: speed work, pace work and running strength work (adapt to hold a threshold pace/race pace/tempo pace longer). It will include hills, drills, plyometrics, core strength, running specific and yoga stretching exercises. Each week will focus on different aspects of running. This also includes option to meet on Saturday mornings for an unstructured weekend run.
This option is a great way to gain confidence in your running fitness again and perhaps get you thinking of setting goals for 2016.
15 weeks Tuesday Jan. 12-April 21
Jan.12 - Mar.10 meet at The Oval 7:15-9:00 pm
Mar.17-April 21 meet outdoors 6:30 pm most likely near Edworthy Park along the river pathways.
This option is for the runner who loves a weekly schedule that includes daily workouts, paces for each workout and a plan that builds toward a race goal. Those running Boston in 2016, this will work well for you. This group will meet regularly once a week with an option to meet on Saturday mornings as well. It will include all of the above features: speed work, pace work and running strength work (adapt to hold a threshold pace/race pace/tempo pace longer). It will include hills, drills, plyometrics, core strength, running specific yoga stretching exercises. In addition, as you get closer to race day it will provide you with great race specific information that will set you up for a confident and successful race.
NOTE: This option is also available to those who can’t fit group training session into their busy life style but still want a specific program to follow that allows them the flexibility of their schedule and to run on their own.
ANOTHER NOTE: Those who are running Mountain2Beach at the end of May, either of these clinics will be a good starting point. We can add on training to round out the extra training weeks (at an additional cost).
Spring Learn to Run Clinic (Coached by Lauren Milburn)
- Starts Tuesday, January 5th, 2016 at Strides Fish Creek
- Group workouts will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30PM
- $100 for 10 weeks
- A safe, fun environment to encourage participation and improvement.
- A progressive program designed to allow you to develop at your own pace.
- An introduction to a variety of running topics (with guest speakers) including: pacing, running form, goal setting, cross training, injury prevention, equipment selection and nutrition.
- Clinic goal: St. Patrick's Day 5K
Free Group Runs
Come out and join our free group runs from Strides! Group runs go every Saturday morning from the store at 9:00am. All levels are welcome!