Which one is for you?
Never run before or just getting back into running?
Looking to complete your first 5k or 10k?
Want to run faster? Stronger? Longer?
Looking to learn to run continuously?
Want to be able to incorporate a run walk program?
Still not sure, come and try one out and decide if it is the right fit for you.
All Strides clinics:
- Are Individualized/ personalized (Not a cookie-cutter approach to fitness)
- Based on best evidence - All coaches are experienced runners themselves
- Tried and tested
- Include monthly training programs
- Guest speakers selected based on group or individual requests
- Store discounts for participants
Fall Learn to run clinic (Coached by Lauren Milburn at FISH CREEK)
- Starts Tuesday September 29th.
- Group workouts held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30pm
- 10 weeks for $100
- A safe, fun enviroment to encourage participation and improvement.
- A progressive program designed to allow you to develop at your own pace.
- An introduction to a variety of running topics (including guest speakers), including pacing, running form, goal setting, cross training, injury prevention, equipement selection and nutrition.
- The group will start gradual at running 1 minute, walking 4 minutes and will build over the 10 weeks to 5km (or around 40 minutes) running non-stop.
- Goal Race: Our goal is 5km non-stop, and there is a 5km race at Spruce Meadows on December 4th that will be the goal race.
Fall Marathon Clinic (Coached by Mary-Ellen Wilderman-Hay, meeting at both Marda Loop & Fish Creek)
- Starts Wednesday, August 5th (group ‘bridge’ workouts start in July for Thanksgiving Marathons)
- Group workouts held Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 8:00am (various locations)
- 10 -14 weeks for $100-175 (depending on goal marathon)
- Designed for first time marathon-runners as well as veteran runners looking for an edge in their training.
- Includes an 10-14 -week build-up program for optimal preparation.
- Progressive program designed to allow participant to maximize enjoyment and potential.
- Introduction to a variety of running topics (with guest speakers) including: pacing, goal setting, cross training, injury prevention, equipment selection and nutrition.
- Designed for runners with some experience in long distance running. Participants should be able to comfortably run 16 – 20km.
- Goal Race: Fall Marathon of choice (Victoria, Kelowna, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, CIM, Las Vegas, etc.)
Fall Walking Clinic (Coached by Noel Charchuk at FISH CREEK)
After numerous requests, we've finally got a walking group ready to roll!
- Starts Wednesday August 12th.
- Group workouts held Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 9:00am.
- 10 weeks for $100.
Free Group Runs
Come out and join our free group runs from Strides! Group runs go every Saturday morning from the store at 9:00am. All levels are welcome! And... join us every 3rd Saturday of the month for the Strides Cookie Run, go for a run, enjoy a cookie and coffee afterward See Events tab or call the store for more details.